Type
ou Annuler

À
    ou Annuler
Hosted Server Installation
Par Gary , 9 octobre 2012
À

Hi there,

I'm looking at installing Novius OS as my CMS for my business' website.  I have a hosted (shared) server account through www.dreamhost.com which utilizes Php 5.3, Apache Websever, and MySQL 5.0.51a.  I've read and researched all the documentation on novius-os.org, github, and google and have tried to figure out how to install novius on my server, but I have been unsuccessful.  I downloaded the novius os zip flies to my mac, unzipped them, and FTP'ed the un-zipped files to the root directory of my domain.  Installation has been unsuccessful with the only error message referring me to github for installation instructions.  The installation instructions assume that I am self-hosting and I am using localhost, which neither are correct in my case.

So my questions are: 1.  Is it possible to install Novius OS on a hosted server (as described above)?  2. If so, what am I doing wrong and how do I correct my mistake(s)?  

This has been very frustrating, but I guess it just shows that I don't know what the hell I'm doing.  Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

All best,

Gary